Friday, March 25, 2005

Band Tour--San Francisco!

Here are some journal entries from Whit with pics. Only the last one is more than a summary. She was always wasted by the end of the day.

3/22/05
Summary of day #1
-Elder missionary interviews
-Standord, forty, rain, capuchino
-Hotel
-Swimming
-Reception
-TRs
-yacht!!
-Sis. Tarpenning
(heart)/Whitney

3/23/03 (it was really 05, don't know why she wrote 03)
-walk across GGB
-Muir Woods
-Chinatown
-Metreon
(heart)/Whitney

3/24/05
-Alcatraz
-Fisherman's Wharf
-Kids left
-Ghiradelli
(heart)/Whitney

3/25/05
Tues--Meghann Carter and her dad picked me up at 4:45 am. My dad made me French Toast. We got to the airport at 6:15 and waited in line to get our tickets. Leaving to go through security I saw a TON of missionaries. (3/26/05) Courtland Gustaffson and I interviewed them. When we got to Stanford we had a clinic. This old guy directed us and he kept saying "forty" instead "forte." We went on a tour of Stanford and it was raining a lot. Then we went to Capochino High School. Their director was short and their band was small, but they were alright.


Though it's now 3 years later, Whit will try to expand on what happened
Day 1
Courtland and I went around the airport with a video camera interviewing the Elder Missionaries. The hotel was gorgeous. It had a beautiful atrium. Megs and I roomed with Natalie, Janessa, Amy, and Jaime. I went swimming and in the hot tub.



Whit in front of the waterfall in the hotel atrium (this is actually the last day. Whit and Megs went to Young Women Conference in Salt Lake right when they got home).

Day 2
We went across the Golden Gate Bridge. We saw a cool little house off the shore. It was super windy. I had my camera out a lot filming. Muir woods was gorgeous. It is all the tree pictures above. Chinatown was expensive. I bought souvenirs for everyone and their dog. I think the Metreon was that weird video game place that drove Megs, our friends, and I to the waterfall and slide above. Megs tried taking us to a Wild Things exhibit, but it had been closed and it was too late and night to see the new exhibit.




Janessa, Whit, Natalie, and Megs in a tree (doesn't Megs' purse fit right in with the scenery?)


Megs, Janessa, and Natalie in the woods



Megs crossing the street. I actually took this because of the protest going on by the trolley.

Whit loves waterfalls


Whit enjoying the park (that slide was WAY too much fun!)



Janessa, Whit, Natalie, and Megs around a cool statue with "moving" hands. Now THAT is art. Take that Dr. Gray!


Day 3
Alcatraz was awesome. We saw a guy who had been an inmate there and written a book and I bought his book and had him sign it. At Fisherman's Wharf I spent even more money.

Whit and Natalie in jail at Alcatraz (and Whit always claims to be such a good girl...)

We also went to Six Flags to perform and play. Megs and Whit split up with two of their friends. Megs went on the rides and Whit to the animals.




The dolphin show. Whit and Janessa went here (Whit had been waiting all day) while Megs and Natalie went on a ton of rides. Come to find out they were at the very back near the end. Whit had waited the whole day to see the dolphin show. Megs could've cared less

No comments: